Category : Food
This was a Christmas special at M&S which sounded too good to leave on the shelf – chocolates which you heat up so as you bite into the crisp outer shell the molten chocolate spills out. Sort of like the chocolate version of a lava cake, really.
Or would have been, if I had managed to make them work.
I am not sure quite what happened, as I followed the instructions carefully, but the shells started cracking before the oven time was up, yet the chocolate inside was stubbornly lukewarm and solid. In the tropical heat of our Singapore climate, maybe I should just have left them on the kitchen counter to achieve the right effect.